Monday, June 28, 2010

Review: The Human Centipede

Okay, I have finally watched the movie, and here is my overall opinion. Disappointed.

This movie is mostly about the gross out factor which wasn't even that big of a deal when it came down to it. Watching the surgery was the sickest part and that last for only a minute or so. I did like how he sets up a language barrier by putting the Asian as the lead, but other than that I found no real well done sadistic quality of this movie.

I also felt that the script was poorly written and even more so poorly acted. It almost turned into a cheap shlockfest when it came to the noisy no personality teens being caught by an evil german doctor.There was nothing in the movie, besides the actual surgery that invoked any sort of sympathy and that's where I felt it really lacked substance.

The overall idea of the movie is over hyped and unfortunately camp with its execution. I felt the movie would have been some what improved if it took a more Frankenstein like point of view and focused on the doctor's life and goals instead of some random tourists who happened to fall in the most cliche styled capture ever.

I am not to excited for a sequel and I felt the directing of this movie was very poor.

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

points for originality, but thats the only thing it had going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment